Table of Contents Show
- The Top blogs by Influencers and Experts
- Best Blogs by E-commerce service providers
- Best Blogs by E-commerce Platforms
- Top Blogs by E-commerce News
In the world of e-commerce, where trends change fast and ideas need to be executed fast to stay relevant, it’s important to keep yourself updated from the industry experts on what’s working and what’s not. If you are a seasoned expert, you still could be inspired by an article to try something new. Or if you are a beginner, you could learn a ton from others’ mistakes and learnings while you climb the ladder of success while making fewer mistakes.
In this post, we compiled the most comprehensive list of e-commerce blogs worth reading. We also list 3 of their insightful articles to get you an idea of the type of content they publish.
The Top blogs by Influencers and Experts
A Better Lemonade Stand
Featured on Forbes, Inc. and the Entrepreneur, A Better Lemonade Stand has insights, guides, and tactical advice on running an eCommerce business. Started by Richard Lazazzera, it’s a great source of ideas, inspiration, and advice for e-commerce entrepreneurs of all stages.
Here’s a set of posts to get a sampling of the content on this blog:
- Start Something
- 1200+ Instagram Captions and Instagram Quotes for Influencers, Brands & Businesses
- How I Built An Online T-Shirt Business In 24 Hours With $24 That Made $347 The First Day (And How You Can Too)
Practical Ecommerce gives a lot of expert advice on Marketing, especially related to Google and Youtube, and SEO. Though they have other sections on general trends in e-commerce, we feel their marketing, analytics and SEO articles are worth reading, though they are targeted at a slightly technical audience.
- What Google Chrome FloC Says about Targeted Ads
- 12 Tools for Youtube Search Optimization
- Understanding Google Ads Impression Share
Baymard is all about user experience design. If you are currently focused on optimizing your online store for conversion, read through their articles to learn some of the best practices in UX.
- Understanding Mobile E-Commerce UX: 5 Overarching Issues
- Allow Users to Purchase Temporarily ‘Out of Stock’ Products by Increasing the Delivery Time (68% Don’t)
- Always Use Thumbnails to Represent Additional Product Images (76% of Mobile Sites Don’t)
More targeted at beginners, Bootstrapping Ecommerce has some good advice on getting started on your eCommerce journey with a small budget. It’s all about getting creative about the resources you have (time and money). Bootstrapping will also force you to learn the most on a lean budget and might be the smartest move because having constraints allows your creativity to shine through. And often it becomes a defining glean of your brand. It’s owned by the same team at A Better Lemonade Stand but targeted toward bootstrapping entrepreneurs.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Working With Coupon Affiliate Sites
- How to Copyright T-Shirt Designs
- 7 Exit Popup Tips to Get Your Store’s Exit-Intent Popups Right
My Wife Quit Her Job
Started by Steve Chou, My Wife Quit Her Job is another eCommerce blog that teaches beginners how to create a profitable online store. Some of his content is part of the courses he sells but the blog is informative too for beginners to set up their first online store. Steve and his wife started an online store called Bumblebeelinens.com when they were expecting a baby and his wife wanted to quit her job and take care of their baby full time. Steve shares much of their journey through their blog.
- What Is The Cheapest Shipping Option – USPS, FedEx Or UPS?
- Hiring An Accountant To Do Your Taxes Vs Using Turbo Tax Or Tax Cut
- The Best Way To Find Wholesale Suppliers, Vendors And Products For Your Online Store
Storegrowers.com is all about providing proven google ads advice for online stores. They have been featured by Shopify, Ahrefs and crazy egg. They have very in-depth articles covering multiple facets of using Google Ads for E-commerce businesses.
- How To Fix Your Google Shopping Feed Without Going Crazy
- The Ultimate Guide To Google Ads For Ecommerce (2022)
- 30+ Ecommerce Metrics Benchmarks (2022)
Ecommerce fuel is not just a blog. They have a podcast and community (private forum for 7 figure owners) and even an investment team that connects promising businesses with capital and mentorship.
- Migrating to Shopify from Magento: The Results of our $50,000 Redesign
- How to Sell a Business: The Open-Book Sale of My $600K Store (With Complete Financials)
- 9 Common Characteristics of Top Shopify Stores
As the name hints, Do Dropshipping is all about setting up a dropshipping eCommerce business. Richard, the founder, mentions his goal is to put the “gurus” of paid dropshipping courses out of business by giving everyone access to the information.
- The 17 Best Winning Dropshipping Product Research Tools
- Dropshipping With AliExpress: Deal With Long Shipping Times
- AliExpress Dropshipping Center: The Definitive Guide (2022)
eCommerce Training Academy
Created by Alaa Hassan, an eCommerce expert and digital marketer, who was previously in charge of marketing for Linen Chest ($100 million annual sales) and Beyond The Rack ($150 million in yearly sales). Presumably, the man knows what he is talking about.
- 7 Creative Ways to Offer Free Shipping in eCommerce
- 50 Spring Sale Email Subject Line Ideas for eCommerce
- The 10 Most Common Challenges Faced by eCommerce Businesses
Ecommerce-platforms.com is a review site that in their words “shows the good, great, bad, and ugly” of the online store building. They do a lot of comparisons between eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Wix and the like which is useful if you are undecided on which platform to pick for your online store. They also have a lot of articles on tips and resources for beginners to help them build their online stores
- Printify vs Printful (May 2022): The Ultimate Print-on-Demand Services Comparison
- What is Shop Pay and How Does it Work? (May 2022)
- How to Find the Best Wholesale Suppliers for Your Online Store
Founded by Darren DeMatas, EcommerceCEO offers a lot of advice on how to get started on your own online eCommerce business. It has a particular focus on starting a private label business for a single product category. Darren has previously worked with an 8-figure retail corporation with 32 brick and mortar stores. He has also consulted for 6 and 7-figure eCommerce startups. Moreover, his case studies have been mentioned in Forbes, SEMRush, Adweek, HubSpot and more. And he calls himself, a regular dude, not a Guru, which is a plus in my books.
- 29 Private Label Products to Kickstart a $100K+ Brand
- 10 Types of Ecommerce Business Models That Work Right Now
- How To Start an eCommerce Business From Scratch
Best Blogs by E-commerce service providers
Insights by The Good
Insights by The Good offers insights about conversion rate optimization. They are all about measuring and improving your CRO at each stage of your e-commerce journey. They have articles that help you improve conversion at each stage of your customer pipeline, acquire more customers, increase your average order value (encouraging current customers to buy more), and improve your average customer lifetime value (getting customers to come back to buy more).
- How To Measure (And Improve) Your CRO Program In Each Stage Of Business
- What’s the Optimal Conversion Rate for Your Ecommerce Website?
- Customer Research: The Most Underappreciated Strategy In Your Toolkit
The Econsultancy blog is mostly about the latest e-commerce research and trends. They also offer training on social media and influencer marketing. But in general, are an excellent source of ideas for e-commerce strategies and emerging trends.
- 30 brands with excellent social media strategies
- What is a customer data platform? How is it different from a DMP or CRM?
- Covid-19 impact on retail: What trends are emerging in 2021?
Web retailer is a blog for online retailers selling through online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay. It’s a great source of news and statistics on online marketplaces, particularly Amazon.
- Top Liquidation and Clearance Websites for eBay and Amazon Sellers
- How Amazon Makes Small Changes to Subtly Manipulate Seller Behavior
- Amazon Package Inserts: What’s Allowed and How to Use Them
ThoughtShift Digital Marketing
ThoughtShift is an e-commerce digital marketing agency that helps to grow your eCommerce brands using different marketing strategies in Social media advertising, SEO and PPC. If you would like to know more about the latest digital growth trends, marketing and eCommerce trends this is the right place for you.
- How To Build a Marketing Campaign For Your New Online Store in 2021
- 8 Content Marketing Myths to Avoid in Your Business
- Top 10 Content Marketing Predictions for 2021
Best Blogs by E-commerce Platforms
Shopify is one of the best and most powerful e-commerce platforms for online retailers. Some of the leading online stores to be inspired on Shopify are BioLite, Lindt, Nescafe, Heinz, Pipcorn, etc. They have a lot of articles that talk about e-commerce marketing, running an online business, and updates to Shopify’s eCommerce community.
- Edit Videos Like a Pro: The 12 Best Free Video Editing Software Programs
- Ecommerce Business Blueprint: How to Build, Launch, and Grow a Profitable Online Store
- 50 Exceptional Shopify Stores to Inspire Entrepreneurs
Wix is a leading cloud-based development platform that gives you the freedom to create, design, manage and develop your web presence exactly the way you want. They have articles on how to run a successful eCommerce business from Wix and also share tips on website building, online marketing, and more to grow your business.
- How to Start a Successful YouTube Channel for Your Business
- How to Write a Professional Bio, With Examples and Templates
- How to Get Your Website on Google in 6 Simple Steps
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin built for WordPress and it allows you to customize every aspect of your store and easily build custom extensions. They have numerous articles about how to start selling on an online store, as well as beautiful customer stories to inspire you.
- WooCommerce Security: The Eight Things You Should Do First
- Adapt for the Future with Facebook Conversions API
- Creating personalized adventure books with your child as the star – the story of Bang On Books
Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform and it offers highly flexible features. Some of the leading brands in the world base their online stores on Magento are Coca-cola, Ford, etc. It has articles on how to improve your site performance and the latest news and gives you more insights on the technical side, customer stories, and many more.
- Responsive Design: Why it’s Your Best Option & How to Do it Right
- The Rise of B2B Marketplaces
- Headless Commerce: A Digital Differentiator
Bigcommerce is a leading e-commerce software platform for large and fast-growing companies. They provide extreme scalability for online stores. It covers all the latest articles on marketing tips and tricks, and strategies to run a successful e-commerce store.
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget
- Affiliate Marketing: What It Is and How You Can Get Started
- Your Brand’s Guide to Facebook Marketplace: A New Channel For Growth
PrestaShop is an open-source e-commerce platform that can be used to build anything from a simple online store to a full-fledged shopping cart. It is a flexible solution for e-commerce merchants, with a large add-on market and a great collection of in-built features. They have a lot of articles with e-commerce trends and tricks to use for your stores and also the latest news with PrestaShop updates and features.
- Differences between online stores and marketplace
- Ten useful tips for your e-commerce logistics
- Top 5 linkbuilding strategies for online stores
Top Blogs by E-commerce News
Ecommerce News – Europe
Ecommerce News is a daily blog featuring news about the e-commerce industry in Europe. They cover topics related to new e-commerce initiatives, online stores, cross-border, case studies, payments, dropshipping, and all the up-to-date information on the European e-commerce industry. It also provides all the information on upcoming e-commerce events, exhibitions, and seminars happening in Europe with all details for online retailers.
- Cross-border eCommerce in Europe
- Top 10 online stores in the Netherlands
- Ecommerce logistics companies Europe
Digital Commerce 360 Retail
Digital Commerce 360 is a leading media and research organization and an expert on eCommerce operations and digital strategies for retailers, manufacturers, distributors and healthcare organizations. They publish the latest news on eCommerce, strategies and research and also they have a vast collection of e-commerce analysis reports to help businesses better understand the current climate, evolving trajectory, and latest trends and technologies.
- For retail chains, 2020 was a year of avoiding contact
- Social commerce is leading the future of eCommerce
- Erik’s Bike Shop adds inventory visibility to site amid surging BOPIS sales
InternetRetailing.com.au is a market-leading, independent B2B publisher, regarded as one of the most trusted sources of specialist information on the Australian online retail industry. They offer all the updated news and reports on eCommerce and articles on online selling and merchandising in the Australian market.
- Retailers urged to adapt to delivery ‘revolution’
- 2021 likely to prove difficult for retailers: Deloitte
- Mobile subscription apps surge in popularity among Aussie
Entrepreneur Ecommerce News
Entrepreneur e-commerce offers all the latest news, videos, and discussion topics on e-commerce and successful entrepreneur stories. They also provide an option to connect with a business expert to get more insights and advice.
- Need a Business Idea? Here Are 55.
- 4 Simple Ways Your Ecommerce Brand Can Better Serve Customers In 2021
- 6 Things Young Entrepreneurs Should Know Before Starting Up
E-Commerce Times is an e-business and technology news site and they publish everything you need to know about doing business on the Internet with high editorial standards.
- The Growing Gig Economy
- The Role of Marketing Attribution in the New Age of E-Commerce
- Arts and Culture’s Virtual Survival Story: The Show Must Go On
Humans of ecom is a blog space to a community for the E-Commerce Obsessed